Sunday 12 February 2012

And so it begins...

...well I suppose it actually started several years ago when I decided I wanted to become a PADI Course Director.  I have always loved teaching subjects that enjoy from being in school when I used to help my school firends with their maths, teaching ballroom dancing in my 20s and 30s and then teaching diving.  I am hoping that I can pass my passion for teaching on to my candidates.

The process of getting accepted on a Course Director Training Course (CDTC) is a long one and involves a lot of work and fun along the way.  From promoting Project AWARE with beach cleans. kids AWARE, Project AWARE certification cards and Dive for Debris to helping and supporting instructor candidates whilst staffing Instructor Development Courses (IDC).  I have staffed for three Course Directors, who have had differing styles and I have learnt a lot about how to run an IDC on the way! I have staffed in the UK and over Egypt each have their  pros and cons.  Although I have to say the ones in Egypt were my favourite, getting to dive in the Red Sea a real bonus!

So why I am saying it begins now and not in three weeks when I jet off to Malaysia because there is pre -course study that has to be completed before you get there!  I am now working my way through videos, knowledge reviews and an exam!

I also have a shopping list of things I need to take with me, luckily for me (and my luggage allowance) all the manuals I need to take are electronic.

I have a personal shopping list too, such as insect repellent ( I am usually the buffet for any passing insect!), currency and factor 50 sun cream.

Watch this space for further updates on me and the CDTC.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the shopping is a must for you.....get some vids while you're over there as well.

    ReplyDelete